15 Reasons To Take Up Mountain Biking
Would you enjoy a sport that requires endurance, skill, and self-reliance? Would you like to take up a sport that you can do almost anywhere from a back yard to an off-road trail? Would you like to be engaged in a sport that places you in midst of beautiful mountains, lush forests, expansive deserts, or wide-open grassy fields? Then perhaps you might want to try mountain biking. Mountain biking is an activity that has become more popular in recent years mainly because of its versatility. There are so many reasons why you might want to take up mountain biking.
1. You have many options in mountain biking. You can choose to ride something challenging or you may choose do something easy and can sit back and enjoy the ride.
2. With mountain biking, you develop a strong sense of self-reliance. Since you are often quite a distance from civilization, you need to learn to fend for yourself.
3. Mountain biking is great for keeping in shape. You burn calories, tone your entire body, and build muscle as well.
4. Mountain biking is fantastic aerobic exercise. It ranks up there with cross-country skiing. You get a cardio workout while having fun and you are not stuck in a gym.
5. Mountain biking gets you off the couch and out of the same old routine. You will feel alive and constructive.
6. Mountain biking is inexpensive as hobbies go. Compared to many other sports, the costs involved in this hobby are quite low.
7. You can explore. There are many beautiful trails that you can try that will take your breath away.
8. You will build confidence. As soon as you start trying new things and overcoming obstacles, you will feel a sense of accomplishment. This newfound confidence may transfer to other areas of your life.
9. Mountain biking can provide you with that alone time you may desperately crave. If you are one of those people who is torn in a million directions, and just want some time to yourself, this is the hobby for you. You can find easy trails, go for a nice ride, and enjoy the peace and quiet.
10. Mountain biking can be a social sport. There are many riding groups that meet regularly and plan outings and trips together. You can join a local group or a traveling group.
11. Mountain biking is a great way to capture scenery. If you are a photographer, for instance, you may want to ride and shoot. You will end up with a healthy body and will have stimulated your artistic self as well.
12. Mountain biking can become your vacation destination. Instead of going to a man made resort, you can relish in the splendor of nature.
13. You will feel a sense of pride once you get accomplished at this sport. You will want to brag on yourself and let others know of your prowess. This may be especially true for women. Men may wish to brag on their most daring feats.
14. With mountain biking, you will develop some mental toughness. This is when you literally fall off your bike, and just get back on and ride. You will be surprised how good you will feel to be able to roll with the punches and not become easily frustrated when little things go wrong.
15. You will learn mechanical skills. When you are mountain biking, even women, you have to be able to do the basics: fix a flat, tighten cables, and pump your own tires.